The Merriweather District is a 68-acre parcel of land located in Columbia, Maryland that sits adjacent to the Merriweather Post Pavilion and Symphony Woods and is part of a revitalization of downtown Columbia.
In September 2015, Benchmark Automation & Controls was contracted by Harvey-Cleary Builders to design, engineer and install a Schneider Electric EcoStruxure Building Automation system for the Howard Hughes Building A and Parking Garage area of the Merriweather District. Building A is comprised of an 8-story office building with a 9th story mechanical penthouse. Each floor is 26,610 square feet, with the penthouse totaling 18, 468 square feet. The 9-story Parking Garage is 43,159 square feet.
The state-of-the-art Building Automation system is designed to simplify day-to-day operations, provide easy access to system-critical information and optimize equipment operation for comfort and energy savings. It also provides native open-protocol communications to third-party vendors with future expansion capabilities.
Because of Benchmark’s expert team and unparalleled service, the project met all time and budgetary goals.
- Web-based monitoring, control and alarm notifications.
- Optimization of equipment for comfort and energy savings.
- Implemented a cost-effective solution allowing for flexibility, better control and cost-effective maintenance, upgrades and future expansion.
- Client: Harvey-Cleary Builders
- Location: Columbia, Maryland
- Year: 2015
- Category: Office Building
- Gross Sq. Ft.: 212,880
- Category: Parking Garage
- Gross Sq. Ft.: 43,159
- Services: BAS